The QuickZyme total protein assay is used for the quantitative determination of all types of protein in hydrolyzed samples. The assay is based on the formation of a blue colored product from genipin with free amino acids. It measures the total amount of amino acids present in the hydrolyzed sample, with exception of proline and hydroxyproline. The amount of amino acids is a good measure for the amount of protein.
Total Protein Assay specifications
- Quantitative measurement of protein in acid hydrolyzates
- Species independent
- Colorimetric read out at 570 nm
- Broad dynamic range: 0.05 to 3.0 mg/ml. Sensitivity: 0.007 mg/ml
- Uses BSA as standard
- Ease-of-use: faster and easier than ELISA
- Storage at room temperature
- This kit does not require special equipment
Prices/Product nr – order
|One 96 well plate kit .
Two 96 well plate kits .
Five plate bulk kit .
|€ 292 .
€ 552 .
€ 1090 .
|QZBtotprot1 – click to order
QZBtotprot2 – click to order
QZBtotprot5 – click to order
Product sheet: Product sheet Total Protein assay
Assay Manual: Manual Total Protein assay
Application note 1: How to choose your collagen assay
Application note 2: How to measure collagen in mouse tissues
Application note 3: Collagen per protein analysis in fresh, frozen and formalin-fixed tissues
Poster: Collagen analysis in tissues and tissue sections