The total collagen assay kit is based on the quantitative colorimetric determination of hydroxyproline residues, obtained by acid hydrolysis of collagen. Usually for this analysis upon hydrolysis removal of HCl is needed, which is a time-consuming step and/or needs special equipment. The QuickZyme total collagen assay is the only hydroxyproline-based assay which does not need this laborious step, resulting in a fast (<2 hrs) and easy (96-well plate format) assay following the hydrolysis step.
Total Collagen Assay specifications
- Quantitative measurement of all types of collagen, species independent.
- Samples: tissue culture supernatants, cellular extracts, tissue homogenates, tissues.
- Colorimetric measurement of hydroxyproline content
- Range: 6 to 300 μg/ml. Sensitivity: 2.5 µg/ml
- Uses rat tail collagen as standard
- Ease-of-use: Equivalent to ELISA
- Store at room temperature
Prices/Product nr – order
|One 96 well plate kit .
Two 96 well plate kits .
Five plate bulk kit .
|€ 316 .
€ 597 .
€ 1182 .
|QZBtotcol1 – click to order
QZBtotcol2 – click to order
QZBtotcol5 – click to order
Product sheet: Product sheet Total collagen assay
Assay Manual: Manual Total collagen assay kit
Application note 1: How to choose your collagen assay?
Application note 2: How to measure collagen in mouse tissues?
Application note 3: Collagen analysis in fish tissue
Application note 4: Collagen per protein analysis in fresh, frozen and formalin-fixed tissues
Other information 1: PDF poster “Easy measurement of collagen in tissues”
Other information 2: PDF poster “Collagen analysis in tissues and tissue sections”
Other information 3: PDF poster “Collagen quantification in cell cultures and tissues”